This June, WNYC launched “Rx for the Bx” (aka Prescription for the Bronx), a week-long look at the health of New York State’s least healthy county.
Over the week, our stories moved beyond hospital walls, to look at poverty, housing, education and unemployment.
- MONDAY: The Revolutionaries who Rescued a Hospital
- TUESDAY: One Hospital Tells Bronx’s Sick: You Call Us, We’ll Call You
- WEDNESDAY: Take This Apartment and Call Me In The Morning
- THURSDAY: The Bronx’s Weight Problem
- FRIDAY: Will These Ninth Grades Make the Bronx Healthier?
The stories aired on NPR, local All Things Considered, local Morning Edition, and the Brian Lehrer Show. There was also a live event and a video and photo collaboration with the Bronx Documentary Center.